Search This Blog

Sunday 13 September 2015

Reflections on the Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest, 22 Aug 2015

Photo by Sridhar Maroju

Hi everyone, most of you would have known about our annual Humourous Speech and Evaluation Contest on 22 August. It was truly an amazing afternoon showcasing the array of talents in our club and I'm sure everyone who participated enjoyed themselves thoroughly, as can be seen from the photos on Facebook. It would not have been possible without the organisers and helpers who willingly took the time and effort to ensure that everything ran smoothly. 

Co-organiser Karthik shares his thoughts below:

When our president Zulhafni asked me to take up a co-organising chair role for the contest, I knew nothing about the role. But now, after the contest I can confidently say that I can co-organize or organize such contests with an ease. All this was possible because of the guidance from the supportive exco team and a strong organising committee.  
One thing that amused me was the quick response by our contestants in reserving their speaking slots, which were almost booked within one day :)  
The organising committee was the greatest asset — their timely assistance made every thing run smoothly. I enjoyed a lot organising together with them. Kudos to you guys!  
One more thing to share: This time around, we have tried a different way of catering food, which we have not done in our club contest before, and received a positive feedback on that. Feeling good about that.  
Special thanks to Organising Chair (Alice) and Contest Chair (Salma) for their support and guidance throughout. I learned a lot from both of them. 

Clearly, Toastmasters is not just about public speaking, but also about learning a variety of life and leadership skills. Everyone is welcome to take part! One of our newest members, Linda, did just that:

This is my first time to help organise such an event in Anchorvale Toastmasters Club. Initially, I was confused about my role (SAA), but thanks to Karthik, Alice and Salma who prepared documents and the briefing before the contest started, I felt more confident. Also, Valliappan, with his experience as SAA before, guided the rest of the team along the way. I can say the contest was a great success! I was laughing all the way, that's for sure! :)  
Bravo to all the teams and participants who have contributed in one way or another. It's a really great experience and certainly a good memory of my time with the Anchorvale TMC community.
 It's heartening to see everyone rallying to make the contest a success! Congratulations to all the winners and I, for one, am looking forward to the next contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment