Search This Blog

Monday 28 September 2015

'Meet the EXCO' Monday: Treasurer Wee Chee Sian


Welcome to our Meet the EXCO series where we share a little about our EXCO members every other Monday.

Today, we are introducing our Treasurer, Wee Chee Sian. Organised, steady and meticulous, Chee Sian is the perfect person to take care of our money matters. Let's find out more about what he has to say! 



1. What might the club members be surprised to know about you?


I was never athletic in school. I became hooked on running long distances (I've taken part in marathons before) only after I started working. Then, I stopped running so frequently after suffering from a slipped disc, ouch! Later, I put on weight, oops!

2. How long have you been with Anchorvale TMC? 

I attended my first chapter meeting on 14 September 2013  you do the maths! It was for exploration and fun initially. Then I did what the club requested whenever I can and voila! I was asked to be SAA (last term), and now Treasurer.

3. Can you tell us something about your responsibilities as Treasurer?

As Treasurer this term, I will keep accurate records of club's funds and expenses, and prepare budgets.

4. What do you like/enjoy most about Anchorvale TMC?

The laughter, the fun and the growth of all our members. You have so many people to learn from, to joke with, and who listen to you when you speak. What more can I ask for? I like to see members enjoying themselves at activities I help to set up during bonding sessions. Making people happy makes me happy. 

5. What do you wish other people knew about Anchorvale TMC/being a toastmasters?

Participation from everyone is encouraged, always! It is vibrant. You won't want to miss any of our meetings and bonding activities. The club's culture is getting more vibrant, and will continue to become more exciting... I think our membership will expand.


6. How has being a toastmasters affected other areas of your life?

When people ask me what I usually do on weekends, I now have Toastmasters in my list of activities. This alone usually opens a floodgate of questions.
7. What is your personal philosophy?

Borrowing a quote from someone else: "Take care of the downside, for the upside will take care of itself."

No comments:

Post a Comment