Search This Blog

Monday 3 August 2015

'Meet the EXCO' Monday: President Zulhafni Zulkeflee

Welcome to our Meet the EXCO series where we share a little about our EXCO members every other Monday.

To kick off the series, we have our incoming President, Zulhafni Zulkeflee. Known for his sharp evaluations and eloquent speeches, Zul is a familiar face among the club members as he was VPE1 in the outgoing EXCO. Let's find out more about what he has to say!

1. Tell us a little something surprising/unusual about yourself (especially if it is reflected in the photo!).

I chose a simple photo because there are too many unusual ones out there! One surprising thing about me is that ... I once did a modelling stint for my hostel, involving a full cat-walk, thick make-up and questionable clothes :P

2. How long have you been with Anchorvale TMC? 

I joined Anchorvale TMC about four years ago, back when the club was in its infancy in my first chapter meeting, Jenny signed me up to participate in the Area Contest for International and Table Topics the main reason I remain dedicated to Anchorvale TMC is the community of people we form. Every meeting, I get a valuable opportunity to learn something new and get acquainted with individuals from all walks of life, all sharing a common goal of improving their leadership and public-speaking skills.

3. Can you tell me something about your responsibilities as the President of the club?

As the President, I have the honour of leading a dedicated team of individuals and overseeing the full functions of the club as well. The EXCO operates as an open team and one of the key roles of the President at least is to always have one eye on the big picture as we trawl through the smaller details.

4. How has being a toastmasters affected other areas of your life?

Toastmasters started out as an experience that smashed me back to earth from the false presumption I used to have about my ability to speak in public. As I met more dedicated individuals who were always showing the hunger to improve and surge forward, Toastmasters became a nurturing environment for me to hone my confidence and skills in a supportive environment.

5. What is your personal philosophy?

To keep on fighting I believe what sets an individual apart is his/her ability to face down adversity, push themselves off the ground and surge forward. Just keep on moving!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment