Search This Blog

Thursday 20 March 2014

Anchorvale's first Speech Craft for 2014

Greetings!!

Guess what folks? 

Anchorvale CC Toastmasters Club has big plans to end this term with a bang. In light with Toastmasters tradition, we organized our first Speech Craft session on the 23rd of February in collaboration with Sengkang West Zone D RC. 

This was the first in a series of workshops that Anchorvale will be organizing. The Speech Craft program allows experienced Toastmasters to present the fundamentals of public speaking to the general public and club members.

For this session, we had two outstanding Toastmasters to learn from. First up, was our inspiring and enthusiastic club President, Roger Yap, CC, CL. He described the foundations of speech delivery, gestures and movements. His demonstrations were so useful, I felt myself nodding vigorously to his words, and at certain points, having light bulbs go off in my head, with the “ahah, yes I should incorporate that in my speech!”

Our next speaker, hailing from Toastmaster Club of Singapore is a seasoned communicator, Toastmaster Shishir Choudhary, CC CL. Shishir graciously agreed to speak at our first Speech Craft session and my oh my, was it a privilege. He shared his secret for communicating well, with regards to self-awareness. His presentation was so motivating, I didn't just receive secrets of communicating well, I felt much better about myself too.

It was indeed, a fruitful day and we hope that our next three Speech Craft sessions, to be conducted in May will match or be better than our first one.

More information will be posted closer to the dates!

Till next time, adios amigos!

By: Salma Begum






2 comments:

  1. I find your post very inspiring. Although I think I'm too late to sign up. Would very much like to come for the may session and following sessions. Do let me know if this possible as I think I do need help in public sspeaking. My email y_a_t_i@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete